H. Gordon McMurtrie studied architectural design at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts from 1904 to 1907. He first appears in the Philadelphia city directories in 1905 as a draftsman, and his first independent projects are listed in the Philadelphia Real Estate Record and Builders Guide in 1911. By 1917 McMurtrie has moved his residence to Norristown, PA, and in 1930 his office follows. He practice was primarily residential, much of it, not surprisingly, in the Norristown area.
Sandra L. Tatman.
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
Baltimore Architecture Project |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.